Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Mix

Here is a mix I made for the new year's extravaganza at Cheryl's Global Soul. I was not there, so I do not know how it was received, but I will find out eventually.

Tracklisting: (1 Hour, 44 Minutes)
Lowell Fulsom - Tramp
Bobby Byrd - I know you got soul
Hall & Oates - I can't go for that (no can do)
Bobby Brown - My Perogative
Bel Biv Devoe - Poison
Black Eyed Peas - Like That (Feat. Cee-Lo, John Legend, Talib Kweli & Q-Tip)
Frank Frost - My Back Scratcher
The Soul Shakers - You Ain't my Brother
Bob & Earl - Harlem Shuffle
Mighty Ryders - " Evil Vibration" (Kon & Amir)
Cameo - Word Up
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Estelle - American Boy (feat. Kanye West)
brooklyn express - sixty nine (12'' original) (Kon & Amir)
The Brothers Johnson - Stomp
Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough
KC & The Sunshine Band - Boogie Shoes
Marvin Gaye - Got to give it up
Wood Brass and Steel Band - Long Live Music (Kon's Edit)
The Fabulous Conti Family - You've Got Me Goin Baby (Kon's Edit)
Esther Phillips - Boy I Really Tied One On
Outkast - The Way You Move (Featuring Sleepy Brown)
Steely Dan - peg (prince of ballard bmore clap mix)
Salt N Peppa - Push It
Terry Nova - Push With Size (Kon's Live Edit)
Venise - Don't Think About It (Kon's Live Edit)
Skip Jackson & The Natural Experience - "Microwave Boogie" (Kon & Amir)
Marva Whitney - Unwind Yourself
Dazz Band - let it whip
Beck - Sexx Laws
Santogold - Shove It (feat. Spank Rock)
Joe Bataan - Latin Soul Square Dance
Destination - Move On Up (Extended)
Of Montreal - For Our Elegant Caste
Sleeve & Lowman - So Fine
Robyn - Konichiwa Bitches
Four Gents - Soul Sister
Devo - Whip It
Sister Nancy - Bam Bam (DJ Sunshine's classic breaks edit)
Dawn Penn - No no no
Althea & Donna - Uptown Top Ranking
Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together


Cheryl's Global Soul : New Year's Mix


As you can see, I'm loving everything by Kon & Amir right now. Their Off Track series currently consists of two volumes: Queens and the Bronx. I believe they will eventually have rare disco/afro/funk compilations for each borough, though I have not seen any buzz for new releases. Check them out at APT in NYC on a regular basis. I need to.

I should be at Bar Reis this Sat, but stay tuned for further updates.

DJ Sunshine

2 comments:

ness said...

Whats good Sunshine? We met last week at Bar Reis, I was behind the digital deck providing the sounds for the night...

just wanted to say that your NYE mix is on point...

respect everytime!

www.nessdigi.podomatic.com

Lowman said...

great to see "So Fine" in your mix and still goin' strong 3 years on...

great mix by the way...

All the best,

peace..

Lowman

myspace.com/lowmanmusic

Followers